Youngsters from Alderley Edge School for Girls Preparatory School (AESG) had great fun in their bunny hop event to support ECHO, the charity of East Cheshire NHS Trust. The event which raised over £100 at the end of April involved children, all under the age of 11, in hopping challenges whilst wearing bunny ears which they designed.
Tris Marchington, Deputy Head (Prep), said “During April, AESG Prep School were proud to support ECHO, the charity of East Cheshire NHS Trust, by taking part in the Easter Bunny Hop. It was a fantastic opportunity for our girls to get outside, get active and help raise money for our local NHS charity. The girls had a brilliant time and all for a good cause. A big thank you to everyone who contributed.”
Alongside AESG, Kids Allowed Macclesfield and Nursery Rhymes Nursery have taken part in ECHOs first ever bunny hop event, paving the way for more schools and nurseries to take part next year. Everyone that signed up received a fundraising pack which included bunny ear templates that children can cut out and design, sponsorship forms and different hopping challenges.
Lily Preston, Fundraising and Events Manager at ECHO said, “Thank you to AESG prep for taking part in this year’s Bunny Hop event and to all the families and friends who sponsored the children. It’s great to see local schools taking part in fundraising events and supporting their local NHS charity.”
Money raised by ECHO helps support East Cheshire NHS Trust go the extra mile in providing funding for enhanced facilities, state-of-the-art medical equipment and all the added extras that make people's experience at Macclesfield District General Hospital, Knutsford Community Hospital, Congleton War Memorial Hospital and within our community services the best it can be.
If your school or business would like to get involved in fundraising for ECHO or for more information on how to support your local NHS charity visit https://charity.eastcheshire.nhs.uk/
Notes for editors
- For further information about East Cheshire NHS Trust, contact the trust press office on 01625 663935 between the hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
- East Cheshire NHS Trust is the main provider of acute and community health services for the people of East Cheshire. The trust is based at Macclesfield District General Hospital.
- Follow East Cheshire NHS Trust on Twitter for all the latest news @EastCheshireNHS
- ECHO is East Cheshire NHS Trust Charitable Fund, the official charity of East Cheshire NHS Trust. ECHO raises money for Macclesfield District General Hospital, Knutsford Community Hospital, Congleton War Memorial Hospital and all our community services.
- ECHO helps East Cheshire NHS Trust go the extra mile for our staff, patients and service users. We aim to provide high quality care and be a brilliant place to work. We achieve this through research, training, enhanced facilities and cutting-edge medical equipment over and above what the NHS funds.
- You can make a donation to the charity on JustGiving here.
- To keep up to date with ECHO follow us on social media @ECHOnhscharity or visit the website https://charity.eastcheshire.nhs.uk/
Page last updated: May 2023
Found a problem? Report it and help us to improve our website