Macclesfield Running Festival has announced that ECHO, the charity of East Cheshire NHS Trust, is the official charity partner for 2023.
The family event, which is previously known as ‘Run Macc Fest’, is organised by RunThrough.co.uk and is hosted in partnership with Macclesfield Harriers and Athletic Club. It takes place on Sunday 29th October and offers distances of 5k, 10k with half marathon places also available. Runners will pass through the historic town of Macclesfield and then head out into the Cheshire Countryside.
ECHO helps East Cheshire NHS Trust go the extra mile for its staff, patients and service users. They raise funds for not only Macclesfield District General Hospital, but also Knutsford Community Hospital, Congleton War Memorial Hospital and a range of community services. They support research, training, enhanced facilities and cutting-edge medical equipment over and above what the NHS funds.
The charity has a limited number of early bird charity places available, so get in early and support your local NHS charity today.
Lily Preston, Fundraising and Events Manager at ECHO Charity said, “We’re so pleased to be partnering with Macclesfield Running Festival. It’s going to be a great event and a good opportunity for friends, family members and businesses to come together and support their local NHS charity”.
The RunThrough team said, “'We at RunThrough are proud to be supporting East Cheshire NHS Trust at this year's Macclesfield Running Festival. We are aware that running events not only have an incredibly positive impact on the participants themselves, but there is also a far wider impact on local charities when working together to engage and support the local community.”
To register for a charity place and to find out more information visit https://charity.eastcheshire.nhs.uk/upcoming-events/macclesfield-running-festival or get in touch with the fundraising team on ecn-tr.ECHOHospitalCharity@nhs.net
Notes for editors
- For further information about East Cheshire NHS Trust, contact the trust press office on 01625 663935 between the hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
- East Cheshire NHS Trust is the main provider of acute and community health services for the people of East Cheshire. The trust is based at Macclesfield District General Hospital.
- Follow East Cheshire NHS Trust on Twitter for all the latest news @EastCheshireNHS
- ECHO is East Cheshire NHS Trust Charitable Fund, the official charity of East Cheshire NHS Trust. ECHO raises money for Macclesfield District General Hospital, Knutsford Community Hospital, Congleton War Memorial Hospital and all our community services.
- ECHO helps East Cheshire NHS Trust go the extra mile for our staff, patients and service users. We aim to provide high quality care and be a brilliant place to work. We achieve this through research, training, enhanced facilities and cutting-edge medical equipment over and above what the NHS funds.
- You can make a donation to the charity on JustGiving here.
- To keep up to date with ECHO follow us on social media @ECHOnhscharity or visit the website https://charity.eastcheshire.nhs.uk/
Page last updated: April 2023
Found a problem? Report it and help us to improve our website