Macclesfield’s annual Pancake Day Race is back and it promises to be bigger and better than ever!
The annual event will be taking place on Shrove Tuesday (21st February 2023) to raise funds for East Cheshire NHS Trust’s ECHO charity.
Teams will compete in a relay race up and down a short course between the Town Hall and Mill Street while flipping a pancake in a frying pan.
The first race took place in 2014 and has gone from strength to strength as teams competing give it their all in sometimes very challenging weather conditions.
Lily Preston, ECHO Fundraising Manager, said: “The Pancake Race is a brilliant community event which brings local businesses and organisations together to raise funds for Macclesfield District General Hospital. Over the last few years, we’ve had to pause the Pancake Race due to COVID-19, so in 2023 we want the event to be bigger and better than ever.
“Whether you’re a local business, group of friends, family members, colleagues, a club or organisation, we need your help raising funds for your local NHS charity. Sign up your team today to battle it out to see who will be crowned king of the flippers!”
Registration is just £20 per team. You can register a team of up to four people and multiple teams per organisation are allowed and encouraged. There is no minimum sponsorship amount, we just ask that team members raise as much as they can for ECHO.
Money raised by ECHO helps support East Cheshire NHS Trust go the extra mile in providing funding for enhanced facilities, state-of-the-art medical equipment and all the added extras that make people’s experience at Macclesfield District General Hospital, Knutsford Community Hospital, Congleton War Memorial Hospital and within our community services the best it can be.
There will be lots of prizes up for offer, including an award for best fancy dress. Local radio station Silk FM will be on hand to keep crowds entertained before, during and after the race.
Lily concludes: “By taking part in our Pancake Race you are helping make a real difference. We couldn't support East Cheshire NHS Trust without the ongoing support, hard work and generosity of our local communities who donate to, and fundraise for, the charity.’
Notes for editors
- For further information about East Cheshire NHS Trust, contact the trust press office on 01625 663935 between the hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
- East Cheshire NHS Trust is the main provider of acute and community health services for the people of East Cheshire. The trust is based at Macclesfield District General Hospital.
- Follow East Cheshire NHS Trust on Twitter for all the latest news @EastCheshireNHS
- ECHO is East Cheshire NHS Trust Charitable Fund, the official charity of East Cheshire NHS Trust. ECHO raises money for Macclesfield District General Hospital, Knutsford Community Hospital, Congleton War Memorial Hospital and all our community services.
- ECHO helps East Cheshire NHS Trust go the extra mile for our staff, patients and service users. We aim to provide high quality care and be a brilliant place to work. We achieve this through research, training, enhanced facilities and cutting-edge medical equipment over and above what the NHS funds.
- You can make a donation to the charity on JustGiving here.
- To keep up to date with ECHO follow us on social media @ECHOnhscharity or visit the website https://charity.eastcheshire.nhs.uk/