Strong performance for East Cheshire NHS Trust in the latest Children and Young People’s Patient Experience Survey
East Cheshire NHS Trust has been rated as ‘better than expected’ for the experiences of children and young people aged eight to 15 in the latest CQC survey published on December 9th 2021. Children and young people in this age group answered positively across the entire survey and placed the Trust above the national average.
The survey asked children and young people, as well as their parents and carers, questions about admission, the hospital ward, hospital staff, facilities for parents and carers, pain management, operations and procedures, the discharge process and overall evaluations of their care.
Key areas where East Cheshire NHS Trust’s performance was higher than average for this age group related to:
- Hospital staff listening to the views of children and young people
- Children and young people feeling hospital staff were friendly
East Cheshire NHS Trust is the main provider of acute and community health services for the people of East Cheshire. The trust is based at Macclesfield District General Hospital.
Other areas where the trust’s results were above average also included:
- Parents/carers feeling listened to
- Staff not giving conflicting information
- The ward having appropriate equipment and adaptations to meet children’s needs
- Pain management
- Parents and carers having confidence and trust in hospital staff
- Parents and carers feeling that the staff were friendly
- Parents and carers feeling their child was well looked after by staff
Kate Daly-Brown, Director of Nursing and Quality at East Cheshire NHS Trust (pictured), said: “We understand coming to hospital can be a worrying experience for children and young people, as well as their parents and carers. All staff on the Children’s Ward are committed to ensuring that children and young people receive high quality patient experience and care when accessing our services.
“As a Trust, we listen to young patients and their families and always try to make improvements where we can. We are pleased that children and young people have rated East Cheshire strongly in this survey and our teams will continue to ensure the experiences of children and young people attending Macclesfield Hospital are positive.”
The full CQC report and survey results are available here: http://www.cqc.org.uk/childrenssurvey