East Cheshire NHS Trust welcomed ITV News through its doors this week to film a special report on the work being done across the system to improve the experience for patients and their families who require care.
Cameras were given behind the scenes access to trust services, with ITV’s Health and Science Editor, Emily Morgan talking to staff who gave an insight into how the trust is adapting and innovating in order to ease pressures, working hand in hand with system partners.
Staff from the trust were interviewed on a number of key topics including how as a system, the trust is working together to alleviate the pressures experienced within ED and putting the patient and family at the heart of a “home first if possible’’ approach. Macclesfield Hospital hosts a Transfer of Care Hub which houses partners from East Cheshire NHS Trust, Cheshire East Local Authority and the voluntary sector who all work together to consider the best possible discharge care for patients and their families.
Sam Evans, Transfer of Care Hub’s Team leader who was interviewed said: “It was brilliant to be able to explain how closely we work with our partners across East Cheshire to put patients’ interests at the heart of our decision making when considering the best discharge arrangements for our patients and their families. Emily really took time to listen and I hope this filming helps get the message out to our community that there are choices when it comes to patient care, and how much we support people who would prefer to remain in their own home.”
Filming took place across trust sites including Macclesfield Hospital’s ED department, in Knutsford Community Hospital and at a patient’s home, to showcase how the team at Knutsford are enabling her to live independently due to the joined-up support she received.
The piece will be broadcast on ITV News evening bulletins on Thursday 9th February at 6.30pm and 10pm.
Picture captions (left to right)
1. Discharge Team Leader, Samantha Evans (right) sits on a hospital capacity meeting.
2. ED Clinical Lead, Tom Bartram with ITV's Health and Science Editor Emily Morgan.
3. Chief Executive Ged Murphy speaks to ITV's Health and Science Editor Emily Morgan.
4. Nurse Practitioner, Jane Thomas and physiotherapist Andrew Clarke chat to patient Judith McKenzie in her home.
Notes for editors
- For further information about East Cheshire NHS Trust, contact the trust press office on 01625 663935 between 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
- East Cheshire NHS Trust is the main provider of acute and community health services for the people of East Cheshire. The trust is based at Macclesfield District General Hospital.
- Follow East Cheshire NHS Trust on Twitter for all the latest news @EastCheshireNHS
- Donations to our charity enable East Cheshire NHS Trust to purchase lifesaving equipment and items not funded by the NHS. You can make a donation to our charity by text. Text hosp45 followed by either £5 or £10 to 70070. So your text might look like this ‘hosp45 £10’. It is free to text us, and your text won’t come out of any inclusive text package – you only pay for the cost of your donation. Thank you for supporting our charity.
Page last updated: February 2023
Found a problem? Report it and help us to improve our website