Admiral Nurses are registered community mental health nurses who specialise in dementia care.
Working in partnership, they provide person-centred support to carers and families of people living with dementia. They also work with other agencies and staff that provide care for people living with dementia, offering invaluable support, education and information.
Admiral Nurses offer individualised support for family carers and people with dementia. They provide an assessment of people’s needs and a range of therapeutic approaches designed to promote emotional wellbeing and equip family carers with skills and information.
Services offered include:
- Person-centred assessments of the needs of family carers and individuals with dementia
- Psychological support to help family carers and people with dementia understand and deal with their feelings and emotions
- Relevant information presented in a way that can be easily understood
- Practical advice
- Helping family carers to develop and improve skills in caregiving
- Education and support around the behavioural aspects of dementia
- Clear guidance about how appropriate services and sources of support can be accessed in local areas
- Liaison with other professionals and organisations to ensure that families obtain co-ordinated support
- Therapeutic, psycho-educational and social support groups for family carers
- Referral to treatment and support services
Page last updated: September 2020
Found a problem? Report it and help us to improve our website