Domestic services staff work at different levels, including domestic services assistant, supervisor and manager.
A domestic services assistant (or domestic assistant) carries out the cleaning which can include include:
- using spray cleaners
- cleaning hard floors with mops or electric floor cleaners
- using vacuum cleaners or carpet cleaners
- cleaning toilet and bathroom areas
- routine cleaning which needs to be done on a daily or weekly basis as well as emergencies such as spills.
- regular, planned deep cleaning on a monthly or annual basis.
Page last updated: September 2020
Found a problem? Report it and help us to improve our website